Choose one of the free postcards below to send to your loved ones for the holidays. You can send them to as many addresses as you like. Both of these outstanding photos are courtesy of Doug Perrine/Seapics.
Thanks to the support of over 150,000 members and activists like
you, the Sea Turtle Restoration Project continues to win victories. Please make a contribution now to help us carry out even more action for sea turtles and the oceans in the year ahead! Key Victories in 2013 Achieved with your support:
• We won a reprieve from destructive drift gillnet fishing to safeguard endangered sea turtles as they forage in the 210,000-square-mile Pacific Leatherback Conservation Area.
• We successfully urged Texas lawmakers to designate the Kemp’s ridley sea turtles as the Texas State Sea Turtle to gain greater visibility for this fragile species and its Gulf of Mexico habitat.
• We gained federal protections for endangered loggerhead sea turtle habitat in 36 areas of ocean across six states and 739 miles of nesting beaches on the Gulf and Atlantic coasts.
• We won strict new rules to protect endangered sperm whales and other marine mammal species from the destructive drift gillnet fishery through our legal action and advocacy.
• We raised an outcry by more than 130,000 people to stop an attempt to strip protections from Hawaii’s green sea turtles and resume hunting through our "I Love Honu" Campaign. We will keep up this fight until this obscene proposal is no longer a threat.
Please support the Sea Turtle Restoration Project's efforts to save sea turtles today! Click here to make a simple, secure donation online.