We’re expanding! Now’s your chance to join Turtle Island Restoration Network (TIRN), an award-winning marine wildlife protection organization with offices in California and Texas. We seek a full-time Outreach Coordinator to join our fast-paced, innovative environmental organization and be a key part of our conservation efforts.
Through our Ocean initiatives and Salmon Protection and Watershed Network (SPAWN), we are leading the grassroots fight against extinction locally, nationally and internationally. We take on the big problems of the world’s oceans — industrial fishing, climate change, and pollution — with a can-do attitude and highly motivated, passionate individuals.
Learn more about our work.
This dynamic and versatile position requires a strong independent worker who can help build relationships in the community and motivate others to get involved. Responsible for the implementation of a community mobilization model by facilitating activities and outreach opportunities in the San Francisco Bay community.
- Develop, plan and conduct community workshops, presentations, training sessions, and volunteer, education and outdoor events and programs such as Creekwalks, Art of Protecting Salmon, California Naturalist, and Explore the Coast Programs
- Research new outreach opportunities/contacts and develop relationships with community and San Francisco Bay Area organizations, film festivals, companies and agencies
- Develop and implement initiatives that increase TIRN’s visibility within the Bay Area community
- Assist the Development & Communications team with soliciting sponsors and in-kind donations for TIRN events and programs
- Assist with creating and posting engaging content to social media pages and website, taking photos, and helping managing outreach content like trail cameras and salmon cam
- Develop and implement targeted outreach activities, attend events (e.g. tabling opportunities), and generate engagements and strategies that will attract and mobilize volunteers, activists and donors
- Assist with improving and developing new outreach and education materials
- Maintain records and a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and work according to specific deadlines
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends, as necessary
- Excellent time management skills, strong verbal communication skills, and feel comfortable with public interactions and speaking
- Must commute daily to the TIRN office in beautiful, rural West Marin, California near Point Reyes National Seashore, to nearby work sites and meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at Turtle Island Restoration Network in California. We offer a competitive benefits package including two weeks of vacation, health insurance, and 15 paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience and comparable to other similar-sized nonprofit organizations. This position reports to the Managing Director.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in PDF format to Scott Artis (firstname.lastname@example.org). Use the subject line: “Outreach Coordinator.” Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
TIRN is an equal-opportunity employer. Thanks for your interest and we look forward to meeting you!