Turtle Island Restoration Network (Marin County/San Francisco Bay Area, California)
Turtle Island Restoration Network (TIRN), an award-winning marine wildlife protection organization with offices in California, Texas and Hawai’i, seeks a full-time Development Associate to join our successful, innovative environmental organization and be a key part of a team raising more than $2 million annually. This position is based in Marin County.
Through our marine wildlife initiatives, we are leading the grassroots fight against extinction. We take on the big problems of the world’s oceans—industrial fishing, climate change, and pollution—with a can-do attitude. Learn about our work at www.seaturtles.org.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Engaging Networks CRM
- Process donations and enter all data
- Produce and mail thank you letters to our donors
- Develop and maintain online donation pages
- Manage donations through PayPal, EFT and other channels
- Build queries and reports for direct mail
- Become an expert in database functions, and lead our efforts to get the most out of these systems
- Suggest solutions to automate data entry, bookkeeping, reporting and communications
Grants and Contracts (10%)
- Provide logistical support for grant fundraising (research foundations, proofread proposals and reports, submit applications, coordinate thank you letters, filing and record keeping)
Major Donors (10%)
- Provide logistical support for major donor fundraising (research prospects, help maintain touch schedule, proofread letters, coordinate thank you letters, filing and record keeping)
- Coordinate and expand small retail program
- Liaise with fulfillment house and vendors
- Produce deposit reports for bookkeeper
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly donation reports
- Proofread proposals, newsletters, reports and other materials
- As needed help with various other tasks such as filing, de-duplicating records and other fundraising administrative tasks
WHAT YOU BRING: The basics
- Interest and experience in fundraising.
- Experience with fundraising CRMs such as Engaging Networks, Salsa, or Blackbaud, etc.
- Strong, accurate data entry skills.
- Good people skills (in person, via email and by phone)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
WHAT YOU BRING: The stuff that really sets you apart
- Experience with wildlife conservation and ocean protection issues.
- An interest in big picture data.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and comparable to other similar-sized nonprofit organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package including two weeks of vacation, health insurance (including partial payment for family members), and 15 paid holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Development Associate – TIRN.” Thanks for your interest. We look forward to meeting you!