Director of Development
Director of Development
Turtle Island Restoration Network (Marin County/San Francisco Bay Area, California)
Turtle Island Restoration Network (TIRN), an award-winning marine wildlife protection organization with offices in California, the Gulf of Mexico and Hawaii, seeks a full-time Director of Development to join our successful, innovative environmental organization and lead a team to raise more than $2 million annually.
Through our marine wildlife initiatives, we are leading the grassroots fight against extinction. We take on the big problems of the world’s oceans—industrial fishing, climate change, and pollution—with a can-do attitude. Learn about our work at www.seaturtles.org
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Director of Development works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to plan fundraising strategies and monitor progress toward $2 million annual revenue goal. One of our main areas of focus will be to grow major donor income.
The Director of Development is responsible for:
- securing grants from foundations, corporations, and government agencies,
- cultivating and soliciting major gifts from individuals,
- building and expanding the individual giving program, and
- exploring new income streams.
HOW WE’LL HELP
TIRN has a strong portfolio of campaign successes and hard “assets” in place:
- A story to tell: we’ve closed sea turtle slaughterhouses in Mexico, protected nesting beaches in Nicaragua, shut down industrial fisheries, and successfully sued the Federal government for violating environmental law;
- ~$2 million in current revenue;
- An ED who dedicates a significant amount of his time to development activities;
- Three part-time development staff; and
- An engaged board of directors.
WHAT YOU BRING: The basics
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in fundraising with a demonstrated ability to manage budgets and control expenses.
- Proven track record with major donor and individual donors.
- Experience in marketing, communication and public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
WHAT YOU BRING: The stuff that really sets you apart
- Experience with wildlife conservation and ocean protection issues.
- Ability to think big but not above stuffing envelopes as needed.
- Demonstrated track record of success in meeting seven-figure campaign targets.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and comparable to other similar-sized nonprofit organizations. We offer a competitive benefits package including two weeks of vacation, health insurance (including partial payment for family members), and 15 paid holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Director of Development – TIRN”. Thanks for your interest. We look forward to meeting you!
Turtle Island Restoration Network is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status