Membership and Office Manager
Want to join the fight to protect our oceans and coasts? Do you want to be part of a dedicated team focused on saving sea turtles, whales, sharks, and salmon? Ready to put your strong office skills to work for a meaningful cause?
Turtle Island Restoration Network seeks a motivated person with the computer know-how and administrative skills to help protect endangered wildlife and threatened habitat.
We are looking for a team member with strong computer and people skills to help develop our membership of donors, volunteers and activists. We seek a highly detail oriented and self-directed person experienced working with database and bookkeeping software, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are a growing nonprofit organization with an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for a candidate who is ready to suggest solutions and new ideas and comfortable leading a range of functions.
We seek a candidate capable of:
- Coordinating membership program operations:
- Manage online Salsa CRM database (80,000 active records) and offline Filemaker fundraising database (7,000 active records).
- Become an expert in database functions, and lead our efforts to get the most out of these systems.
- Suggest solutions to automate data entry, bookkeeping, reporting and communications.
- Develop online donation website pages.
- Oversee data entry of gifts by assistant; manage timely, accurate production of thank you letters.
- Query and run reports for direct mail and major donor campaigns.
- Manage donations through PayPal, EFT and other channels.
- Produce weekly deposit reports for bookkeeper.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly donation reports.
- Solicit vendor bids and manage design, print and mailing for membership program.
- Coordinate and expand small retail program.
- Data entry as needed.
- Office management: Basic bookkeeping, to coordinate with accountant; Processing mail; Ordering supplies; Coordinating utilities; Troubleshooting office equip; Maintaining cleanliness of office.
- Organizational support: With Development Director, coordinate board meetings and associated materials; Communicate with and book eco-tourism participants; Proofread proposals, newsletters, reports and other materials. Support Executive Director and management team as needed. Participate in events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; Minimum 3-4 years experience. Superior written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills.
- Computer software and database expertise including fluency with the various Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with complex databases or donor management software.
- Ability to use good judgment, take initiative, and make recommendations in resolving problems and provide guidance to other departments.
- Ability to represent Turtle Island to the general public. Knowledge of conservation and environmental issues a plus.
Salary: DOE. Full-time position. Some nights and weekends. Full medical and dental, generous vacation and holidays, etc. Please email letter explaining why you are interested in this position, salary expectations and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply.