A bequest—a gift made through your will or trust—is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can make a lasting impact.
Benefits of Giving Through Your Estate Plan:
- Preserve your values. Your will or trust allows you to build a legacy that reflects the ocean and watershed conservation values you hold most dear.
- Keep control of your assets during your lifetime. You have the flexibility of modifying your bequest if your circumstances ever change.
- Take advantage of tax laws that help preserve your estate assets. A properly prepared plan can result in your estate paying less tax and allowing you to leave more money for your beneficiaries.
Ways to Give Through Your Estate Plan
It’s very easy to name Turtle Island Restoration Network as a beneficiary of specific assets, a portion of your estate, or even your residual estate. The following are simple, tax-efficient ways to make a bequest while retaining flexibility to modify your estate should your circumstances change:
- Retirement Plan [e.g. 401(k), 403(b), or IRA]
- Life Insurance Policy
- Financial Accounts [e.g. Brokerage Account, Bank Account, or Certificate of Deposit (CED)]
Sample Bequest Language
If you wish to name Turtle Island Restoration Network in your will or estate plan, you or your attorney can use the following sample bequest language:
I give, devise and bequeath to Turtle Island Restoration Network (Tax Identification Number 91-1818080), located in Olema, California, the sum of _______________________dollars ($___________) [Or state a percentage of your estate or describe real or personal property, including exact location] for the benefit of its general purposes [or specify a Turtle Island Restoration Network program you wish to support such as Oceans Program, Salmon And Protection Watershed Network – SPAWN, or Gulf Of Mexico Program, etc.].
Turtle Island Restoration Network should be named as:
Turtle Island Restoration Network Turtle Island Restoration Network, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization with tax identification number 91-1818080, organized and existing under the laws of California, with principal business address of 9255 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, Olema, California 94950, and mailing address of PO Box 370, Forest Knolls, California 94933.
Help us Plan for Ocean and Watershed Conservation
If you have already included a gift for Turtle Island Restoration Network in your plans, we want to thank you! We would love to hear from you and honor all requests for anonymity.
For more information on how to include Turtle Island Restoration Network in your estate plans, accomplish your legacy goals, and leave a lasting gift for sea turtles, salmon and other, marine species, please contact Scott Artis at 925-550-9208 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turtle Island Restoration Network recommends you consult with a professional advisor on these matters. Please contact us regarding an opportunity for a third-party personal consultation for those interested in learning more about legacy and estate gift options.