What is Giving Tuesday?
#GivingTuesday™ (#GT) is a movement created to celebrate giving on the Tuesday following Cyber Monday.
The fourth annual GivingTuesday will take place this December 1st. In the same way that retail sector takes part in Cyber Monday, the giving community comes together for a day of giving back!
How Can I Get Involved?
Join in the #GreatGiving movement and make a tax-deductible donation to Turtle Island Restoration Network on Dec. 1st. You will be joining millions of others and making a difference for sea turtles, sharks, whales, salmon, marine wildlife and our world’s oceans! Click here to make a donation.
You can also be a social media ambassador for Turtle Island Restoration Network this #GivingTuesday. Show just how much you love sea turtles by changing your Facebook banner! Together we can create a wave of online support for marine conservation.
1. Right click the first image above, and download and save it to your computer desktop.
2. Next, make the first ‘I’m supporting’ sea turtle image to your Facebook page banner.
a. Sign in to Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/
b. Then click in the upper left hand corner of your current Facebook banner.
c. Click ‘Update cover photo.’
d. Select ‘Upload Photo’ and select the Turtle Island Facebook banner you just save to your desktop. Click open.
e. On Facebook, click the blue ‘save changes’ button below the banner.
Ta-da! You now have a beautiful sea turtle Facebook banner!
3. Make your profile photo the ‘social media ambassador’ image.
a. Download the blue ‘I’m giving image’ and save it to your desktop.
b. Then on Facebook, scroll over your current Facebook image. Click on ‘Update Profile Picture’
4. Update your status with the following message:
- #GivingTuesday is an international day of giving. Everyone, anywhere, can participate! Join in the #GreatGiving movement by making a donation to Turtle Island Restoration Network on Tuesday, Dec. 1st. https://seaturtles.org/giving-tuesday-donation-page/